Dehradun, which is a district of Uttarakhand state, as well as the summer capital of Uttarakhand, Dehradun is also the gateway to the hill stations of Uttarakhand. Most people start their journey from here. Transport is easily available to go to other districts & states from Dehradun. Dehradun city is a very popular destination for tourism. Dehradun City is very popular for food, almost every kind of food is available here, there are a lot of restaurants and cafes in Dehradun.
Dehradun, the gateway to Uttarakhand
Dehradun City has many forts, palaces, mango trees, etc. to see and experience. In some parts of Dehradun, you can see that people have built caves and the walls are made of stones. If you visit Dehradun and Dehradun City, you have to keep your eyes on your lunch as many of the restaurants serve the best lunch and dinner at cheap prices. If you are planning to visit Uttarakhand, don't forget to try this 5 must-taste food, and don't forget to make sure you take their specialties too. Like (i) Roti Masala The taste of Roti Masala can never be forgotten. This is one of the must-taste food in Dehradun. (ii) Paneer Butter Masala is a very famous dish in Dehradun.
There are many different foods served in Dehradun and some of the most popular dishes are 'Chole' (a popular meal eaten with vegetables), 'Bajre ki roti' (Puffed rice), 'Gur Ka Paneer' (Spinach and cheese dumplings), 'Chawal' (crispy fried potatoes with spices) 'Kathak maas' (garlic and ginger grilled chicken), 'Moti Kebab' (barbecued chicken or beef) etc. Chole, a popular dish eaten in India Mutton is a common meat in India and almost every kind of mutton is available in Dehradun. Mutton curry is the most popular dish in Dehradun and almost every restaurant serves mutton curry. One can find different types of mutton curries in Dehradun. One can go for the mutton curry served with 'chawal', 'poha', 'tarkari' (stuffed flat breads) or 'pachadi' (leavened flat breads).
Must-eat foods in Dehradun
So, we will have to top 5 must-eat foods in Dehradun.
1. Jaisalmeri Biryani You can't miss the Jaisalmeri Biryani. It has a special taste & it is famous for its fragrance. This biryani is a special biryani made with mutton or chicken and ghee.
2. Peshawari Kabab & Rasgullas Peshawari Rasgullas are a special mixture of ground cashew nuts with mawa and a spicy mix of vegetables, tamarind, grated carrot, green chili, onions and juliennes of garlic and ghee. The spicy mixture of fruits and nuts is a delight to taste.
3. Naan with Homemade Rasgulla and the dish that is the most loved by the Dehradunites is the Naan with Homemade Rasgulla. This is a regular dish for Dehradunites. When you visit Dehradun, order your favorite Naan and the special 'Firangi Rasgulla', and relish.
4. Paneer Butter Masala is a very famous dish in Dehradun
5. Mutton curry is the most popular dish in Dehradun and almost every restaurant serves mutton curry.
The post is going to be purely based on restaurants. When it comes to food, the number of choices can be infinite. The restaurants are always full of customers and the wait is never long to get a seat. So you should make sure to choose the one which gives you the best possible experience. It is always important to have a wide variety of options in case you do not know what you want but you do know what you can eat! #1 Near CheckPost Our top 1 must-try restaurants are Tree Cafe Restaurant is a good fine-dining restaurant, which offers a variety of South Indian, continental and North Indian cuisine. The major dining choices include dosa, idli, vada, bhajiya, rasam, pongal and more. The food is done tastefully and is well presented.